Tuesday, January 23, 2007

You Shot Me In My Pinky Toe!!!


... At least that's what it felt like. I was unloading my stuff from storage yesterday and dropped a 45 lb. weight on my little pinky toe (left foot). I thought I had good foot clearance when I set on edge of the plate down and let the other fall, but I was wrong. This is the 2nd "major" injury I have had since deciding to wok on my shed.

It felt really painful (duh?) like when you stub your toe on a kitchen chair in the middle of the night when you are headed there to get a leftover barbecue pork rib from earlier in the day. The only difference was that the pain just kept getting worse instead of going away. I took the picture about 13 hours from the time of the accident. I wish I had been wearing my old steel toe Redwings from back in the day... but I don't have them boots anymore. Instead I was just wearing sneakers. Now I am limping around feeling sorry for myself.
All this talk of pinky toes reminds me of the fight scene in Harlem Nights when Della Reese's pinky toe gets shot off by Eddie Murphy:

No comments: